We operate a zero-tolerance policy towards any form of abuse or bad behaviour towards our staff, doctors or other patients. Physical, verbal and online abuse included.
GPs and staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked, abused or poorly treated in any way. To successfully provide our services, mutual respect between staff and patients has to be in place.
All our team aim to be polite, helpful, and sensitive to all patients’ individual needs and circumstances. After all, patients usually contact their GP practice when they are unwell and can be upset, scared or worried about their health. We understand that and are here to help.
But we respectfully remind patients that staff can often be dealing with many different, and sometimes complex, tasks and situations, all at the same time. Patience and understanding on both sides are therefore vital.
To protect our team and other patients, aggressive behaviour, whether physical, verbal or online, will not be tolerated. It may result in you being removed from the practice list, and in extreme cases, we may need to call the police.
The practice wants to maintain good relations with our patients, so we ask all patients to read and take note of the rare types of behaviour that we deem unacceptable:
- Using bad language, shouting or raising of voices at practice staff.
- Any physical violence towards any member of our team or other patients.
- Verbal abuse towards staff or patients in any form, including shouting.
- Racist, xenophobic, sexist, homophobic or other intolerant Language, discrimination or sexual harassment are never acceptable.
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. We will always try to meet requests wherever possible, but our team shall explain if or when they cannot.
- Being perceived to bully or manipulate a staff member to obtain something.
- Causing damage to, stealing or not returning practice equipment from the practice’s premises, staff or patients.
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently.