Issues that don’t need a GP prescription from February 2024
Did you know that from February 2024, your local pharmacy will be able to offer advice and supply medicines to you, without you needing to contact us first, for:
- Sore throat
- Infected insect bites
- Uncomplicated urine infections (UTI) in women
- Oral contraceptives
Ask your local pharmacy about Pharmacy First coming in February 2024.
Struggled to get an appointment recently?
- 88 patients had to wait longer for a GP appointment.
- 38 patients had to wait longer for a blood test.
- 12 patients had to wait longer for a physio appointment.
All because 138 other patients booked these appointments but didn’t let us know they no longer needed them. We call these DNAs, and in total, 256 patients did not attend their appointments at Tudor Lodge in November.
Unfortunately, patients who repeatedly miss appointments are now being asked to find a new GP practice. These missed appointments are unfair to other waiting patients and our team, especially when NHS services are so stretched and in demand.
Please tell us as soon as possible if you no longer need your appointment so we can offer your appointment to someone else and help reduce waiting times. It takes seconds to do:
- Use your NHS account (through the NHS website or NHS App).
- Reply CANCEL to your appointment reminder text message.
- Phone us on 020 8780 0125 during opening hours.